Improvers Course 2018
This course is for any beekeeper who has completed their Introductory or Beginners training and is in their second or later years of beekeeping.
Full Details Here
Introduction to Beekeeping for Beginners
Venue: Lyndhurst Community Centre. SO43 7NY
Duration: 8 evenings; 7:30 - 9:30 pm
Fully Booked For 2018. The rest of the page is just for information. Next course is planned for March 2019
Intended for anybody who is thinking of starting beekeeping, our "Introduction to Beekeeping for Beginners" course comprises eight evening classes and a hands-on ‘Meet the Bees’ visit to an apiary.
This course and subsequent membership support, should you decide to join, will get you started in your new life as a Beekeeper
The evening classes run from; 7:30-9:30pm; at Lyndhurst Community Centre SO43 7NY.
Topics covered will include:-
- Bee Biology and Lifecycle
- Beekeeping best practice, including hygiene, swarm management, and disease recognition
- Beekeeping history, including the development of the modern hive and other hardware
- Equipment needed for both bees and beekeeper
- Honey extraction, jarring, and labelling, plus honey regulations (law)
Each beginner beekeeper who joins our association will be offered practical training and support.
The course fee includes a copy of the Haynes Bee Manual.
N.B. The hands-on ‘Meet the Bees’ apiary session is weather dependent, so will be arranged accordingly.
Cost : TBC
For queries, please contact Graham Collins using the form below or phone 02380 862544.
- This course is fully booked. you may use the form below to register an interest for the 2019 course